My first time in Andalusia, Al

Monday, July 16, 2007

It's What He Does To Me

Day 5 – Friday, June 7, 2007

We only had a few hours of sleep before waking up. Nick had to be at work at three to work his double shift, and was going to get our stuff from his house, but, being that he was tired, his motivation was lacking. I didn’t care, because I wanted him there with me, anyway. I was dreading the fact that I wouldn’t be with him for most of the day.
After a few cigarettes, he got ready for work, while I stayed in bed. When he left, I got up and took a shower. While I was in there, I heard a bunch of banging, and was wondering if the neighbors were fighting, or whether it was the construction going on at that hotel.
I found out, after getting out of the shower, that it was actually storming – hard. That really sucked, because I didn’t know how I was going to make it to Nick’s job as the floods kept rising, along with the lightening. I turned on the TV, and began watching VH1 as I waited for the storms to subside. The phone in the room rang, and it took me a few seconds on debating whether or not I should answer it. That is instinctual for me, as I am one who screens my calls. Besides, who would be calling me here?
I did answer it, though, and it was Nick. Apparently, he had been trying to call my cell, but, because of the storm, he kept getting my voicemail, which, of course, was why he called the room. He told me that he was busy, because the cleaning ladies had not finished setting up the rooms, so he had several people waiting in the lobby.
I spent the next few minutes texting a friend of mine, Erika, as she inquired about the mother-in-law situation that happened the night before. I began to get restless as it started sprinkling. I left the hotel room, and went to the store. I called Nick to see if he wanted anything, and he told me to pick him up a bag of Doritos. So, I did, along with Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies, in which upon receiving, Nick responded with “They’re the bomb!”
After dropping off the snacks and smoking a cigarette with Nick, I had to leave, because his boss was on his way, yet, Nick had no idea when nor where his boss was.
So, I took Nick’s car and decided to drive around Andalusia. I didn’t really know where to go, but I figured I would drive in close proximity. I ended up going a little out of the way, but making sure I paid attention to where exactly I was turning so as not to get lost.
I figured I’d put gas in his car, so I stopped at a gas station. The laws here are different about pumping gas. I was not used to paying before pumping, as that had not been in effect since I was a child. But, here, they seemed surprised when I went to pay that I hadn’t started pumping yet.
Afterwards, I drove to Wal-Mart, where, on my way, Whitney Houston’s “I Will Always Love You” came on the radio, and I busted out singing it, amazed that I could actually drive and sing at the same time. To be honest, I never thought I could, as I believed that my concentration was lacking when I would bust out into song – which is probably why I take long showers, because for some reason, I cannot soap up and sing at the same time.
At Wal-Mart, I bought a notebook, so that I could start "The Andalusia Experience”, as well as a card for Nick to show how much I appreciated him. While getting my notebook, I received a text from Nick.
“I miss u, baby. Watcha doin?”
I replied telling him where I was, as well as letting him know I put gas in his car. His response:
"Awww…Thank u, baby. I wish that fucker would hurry. I want u with me.”
On my way out of the store, I bought Nick a 20 oz. bottle of Mr. Pibb, since it was a favorite of his, and the soda machine at his hotel was out of them.
I sat in the car in the parking lot, filling out the card, and heard for the first time the Plain White T’s “Hey There, Delilah.” I immediately fell in love with this song, as it was about a long distance relationship, and many of those words were words that I, myself, felt about Nick.
When the song was done, I realized how much I was missing him, so I drove back to his job, texting him that I bought him a Mr. Pibb, and to meet me outside.
“Come in, baby” was his reply.
I did, again for a brief period of time, as we really had to watch out for his boss, who wouldn’t have taken so kindly to my being there.
After that, I decided to venture on to the Andalusia mall, which consisted of JC Penny, and a few other little stores. I never got to go into the actual mall, because as soon as I walked into Penny’s, after passing the Customer Service desk, I heard the announcement:
“Attention shopper’s: The time is now 8:00. JC Penny is now closed.”
So, I turned right around and headed back out.
I went to the Hardee’s drive-thru and ordered my dinner, where I sat in the parking lot, eating. Nick had called and told me to wait in the hotel room, but I told him that I wanted to be as close to him as possible, and even though our hotel was next door to his, I could not see his from my room.
I moved closer to his job in an empty parking lot, with the exception of a few cars. I watched about 12 or so workers from the Chinese restaurant pack into a mini-van, which made me think of a clown car. I wondered if they all lived in the same house, too, and then I wondered if any of them were sold as slaves, like in the movie, Crash. I also watched as Nick’s boss finally pulled into the hotel.
As I was listening to all of the overplayed music coming from the radio, I found it quite funny that what I was doing resembled that of a stalker. But, to clarify, I was not stalking Nick. I was waiting for his boss to leave.
His boss finally did leave, and to avoid him spotting Nick’s car, I turned on the engine to move it so that it wouldn’t be seen. I sped up in the parking lot, where I ran over a cinderblock, causing the car to jump. It was dark, and I didn’t see the cinderblock, but, still it was kinda cool…I was just hoping that I hadn’t ruined anything on his car.
I pulled up next to the pool, where I witnessed Nick telling a bunch of noisy obnoxious children that it was time to get out. I then made my way to park in the hotel parking lot.
Nick was tired, and I couldn’t blame him, as we didn’t really get much sleep, so he turned off the light and decided to lay down on the hardwood table with me. I wasn’t tired, so I decided to take this opportunity to sensually caress him, while trying to take off as much of his clothes as possible. In the process of all this “foreplay”, many interruptions, such as guests ringing the buzzer, caused him to jump off the table and hurriedly get dressed in order to help them with their needs. It was both frustrating and cute at the same time. Putting him in that position was cruel on my part, I know. I should have been a little more considerate, but I seriously could not resist the temptation.
When we finally “finished”, he turned on the light as I searched for my glasses. He found them at the end of the table where he had been laying. The lenses were popped out, and the arms bent. I went to pop the lenses back in, but noticed the screws were missing. Luckily the screws were easily spotted on the table. So, the next half hour was spent with him (so sweetly, mind you) repairing the glasses with his switchblade.




Finally, I popped in the lenses and bent them back into shape.
The phone rang, and it was his friend, Pam, and as he was talking to her, I took the opportunity to snap another picture.


When he got off the phone with Pam, he decided to attempt another nap, so it was back to the comfort of his arms on the hardwood table. This time, sleep was a success, but as my alarm went off at 4:30, it was ignored by the both of us.
At 5:30, Nick is supposed to open the doors so that guests at the hotel can enjoy the complimentary breakfast given by the hotel. It was 5:20, and with breakfast not being set up yet, Nick awoke and jumped off the table in a mad rush to get it all done in 10 minutes. By doing this, this set him behind in his paperwork.
I took my time getting up, and had breakfast before going to the nearby gas station one last time to get us cigarettes.
Today was going to be very hard for me. I only had a few hours left with Nick before catching my flight, and I really wanted my last remaining moments with him to go by slow. As I sat waiting for him in the parking lot, I tried to prepare myself for the dreaded goodbye, or at least, push that fact aside, because I was not ready.

No comments: